Success Story: Westmoreland Mid-Century.
HE IS EXCEPTIONALLY
Theresa and Rodger were downsizing in preparation for retirement, and after a nearly year long search for a home, which we successfully secured for them in a multiple offer bidding war, they were ready to put their home on the market. In addition to receiving the highest price possible, Theresa and Rodger’s primary goal was to sell the home and close as quickly as possible in order to avoid carrying two mortgage payments at the same time, now that they had taken possession of their new home.
Their home had been extensively renovated 6 years prior, and despite the many high end, designer finishes throughout the home, we advised them to consider staging the home in order to make its best impression to potential buyers. That decision paid off in spades.
Our marketing plan included the following:
- Professional staging of the main level of the home (living and dining rooms, two bedrooms and the office), with some personal items left behind in the lower level
- Stunning professional photography
- Pre-market open house the evening before launching the home online and in the MLS
- Professionally designed trifold brochures and 11″ x 17″ yard sign permaflyer
- Full features list in the home with strategically placed “silent talker” postcards throughout the home, pointing out various features and finishes of the home to prospective buyers
- Weekend open house
- In less than 24 hours on the market we received our first offer, with a total of 4 offers by the end of the first weekend and the highest offer coming in at $551,000 – $21,000 over list price. With such a quick sale, we were able to help Theresa and Rodger meet their goal of avoiding having to make two mortgage payments at the same time.
Westmoreland | Portland, OR
Gregory Pierce, Capella Photography
Wayne has got to be about the nicest, calmest agent on the planet. Seriously, the guy not only knows his stuff, he is exceptionally skilled at dealing with all the emotions attached to the whole home buying and selling process. He seems to be pretty focused on “clean deals” and accommodating the other agent(s) involved, so if you are looking for a pit bull for your real estate transactions, you should look elsewhere. But if you want someone knowledgable, thorough, detail oriented, infinitely patient and a pleasure to work with, Wayne is your man.
— Theresa R., Portland