Success Story: Bethany Craftsman.
WAYNE AND HIS TEAM ARE
Sanjay and Yoga came to us to sell their home after keeping it as a rental for several years prior. One of the primary challenges before us was that the home was in relatively poor condition due to lack of care by the previous tenants. Sanjay and Yoga expressed a desire to net the highest profit possible from the sale, as well as a willingness to invest in preparing the home for sale in order to maximize their potential profit, so after an in-depth needs assessment we recommended the following renovation items:
- New carpet
- New interior paint (drywall and fireplace mantel and shelving)
- Refinishing of damaged cabinets in kitchen and master bathroom
- Painting of exterior trim on the front of the home.
- Professional staging
Living on the east coast while also being full-time professionals, Sanjay and Yoga were not in a position to manage any part of the potential renovation as we began to assess the best, most cost-effective ways to turn the home into the best product possible and attract the highest number of buyers. Thus, they were in need of full project management to prepare the home for sale.
Our team managed the entire renovation and home preparation from beginning to end. Activities included the following:
- Recommending contractors for each of the various renovation items
- Reviewing and assessing contractor estimates and negotiating pricing and timelines
- Color and material selection
- Contractor access for performance of work
- Verification of status and quality of work performed
Our full service marketing plan included the following:
- Renovation of key cosmetic items
- Professional staging of the entire main level (living room, kitchen, dining, bathroom and office), master bedroom and master bathroom
- Stunning professional photography
- Professionally designed trifold brochures and 11″ x 17″ yard sign permaflyer
- Full features list in the home with strategically placed “silent talker” postcards throughout the home, pointing out various features and finishes of the home to prospective buyers
- Weekend open house
The most recent comparable sale of a home just like Sanjay’s and Yoga’s (essentially the identical tract home just two doors down) sold for $325,000 about 3 months prior. With renovation of key cosmetic items and our premium marketing plan in place, Sanjay and Yoga were able to sell their home for $16,000 higher than the most recent comparable, netting $8,000 higher after accounting for the cost of the renovation.
Bethany | Portland, OR
Gregory Pierce, Capella Photography
Maureen Bray, Room Solutions
Wayne and his team area rockstars and handled my remote sale amazingly.
— Sanjay and Yoga R., Beaverton